Over the past week there’s been a lot of things to pop a blood cell or twenty over. Gin and tonic with the right camaraderie does wonders for the soul. At least relieving it enough to get my cosmic sized arse over to my PC and type this rant.
1. Flooding. Water to the point that if aliens were to visit earth anytime soon they’d think Mumbai was bloody Atlantis. i guess the jerk offs at the BMC are using their funds alright, probably has something to do with the residential spliffers running out of stuff to spliff on.
2. The Cyber Cell. First it was kids badmouthing their teachers on Orkut who were stifled, then a bunch of BMS folks and what not. For fuck’s sake it looks like no one’s safe to give their view on any issue especially if it involves educational institutions. So much for education opening one’s mind to form an opinion.
3. Transformers. What the hell is going on? That movie was supposed to release last week. The distributors are probably still wetting their pants in the nasal goop that is Himesh Reshamiya’s acting debut, Aap ke Suroor. Then again, it grossed more than those odious Yash Raj movies so there may be some method to the madness of shitty stories and wannabe “OMFG i am so morose” sentiment surrounding each billboard proclaiming that the half-wit will be seen “without a cap” for the first time.
4. Gamespot. Congratulations you jerk offs. Your new rating system insults my intelligence and all those who visit your site. May you enjoy bedding the marketing departments of crooked game publishers such as EA. As for me, i’ll be visiting Gamesradar, Gamerevolution and the user review section of your IQ minus 40 games review site.
5. Next-Gen console price gouging. Seriously guys, all of you. Especially you Microsoft. A premium system at Rs. 27,750 ($ 639) is highway robbery. But then i get red rings of death for free! So it all balances out right. Guess i’ll be scouring the grey market for my next-gen fix. X360 or otherwise.
6. People who use the loo and decide to leave the door fully open for the entire world to see. And puke. There’s a reason why a lock was invented. And doors too. USE THEM!
7. The Mumbai University. Congratulations for making marks the sole criteria for entering into the Mass Media course. Now we’re going to have freaks, mug pots and morons reminiscing of their physics and calculus days all while try to juggling the common sense of marketing, the irrationality of copy writing and the precision of media planning.
Blah, its been a hectic week. Again. At least Die Hard 4.0 was pure ownage ditto with meeting the Sambot.
Now Listening To: Wolfmother – Where Eagles Have Been (on loop).