February’s been epic. So epic in fact that it warranted the use of all those words in the title. So epic that it needed to be done in caps. So epic that i’m typing this post on a Tuesday night (more than a week after i should have)when i should be out what with it being a holiday on Wednesday and yes, so epic that it makes me feel that i have some semblance of a life. But i digress….
1. Weddings are funny.Even more so when its between a woman and a coffee pot. But they can be stiflingly formal as well. So much so that you’re left with not much of an option but to leave as soon as physically possible and ruminate about how other affairs are more relaxed-to-the-point-of-sedated.
2. Luck By Chance was made out of old rejected reels of Nescafe commercials, overtly bright and cheery. Redeemed only by an ending that said anything but “…and they lived happily ever after”.
3. Unexpected visits from forum trolls are awesome. Especially when it involves chugging down copious amounts of beer and the aforementioned troll pissing off a DJ so much so that he ends up playing a crassy Britney Spears tune.
4. Expected visits from certain old school friends are even more awesome because they include taking his case in FIFA 08 (FC Hamburger 3 – Barcelona 0) but are in equal amounts, sad because the aforementioned friend was as free as a suspected terrorist held at Guantanamo Bay.
Friend: Dude, something happened.
Rishi: Awesome! You scored?!
Friend: No man, something funny!
Rishi: Tell me bro! Tell me!
Friend: Later man. When we meet.
Rishi: Aight, luckily i know a certain person who you wouldn’t like reading my blog…
Friend: Fuck off.
Rishi: Seriously. Tell me or else….
Friend: No man. There are people around.
Rishi: Okay. Time to log in to Orkut. Hmmm…what’s that name of a friend i wanted to add…Oh yeah..
Friend: Fine. i’ll tell you. i’ll tell you. So she and i were joking around. i told her,”If you want to fly use Visa Power. Go get it.”and then she said, “No i can hold on to you.”
Rishi: That was it? Lame. Anyway you’re boned. She’ll know of a few incriminating blog posts soon. i suggest running. Fast.
7. Bowling+ Old School Video Game Arcade+Cold Hazelnut Chocolate = Fun and Janak Shah making classic statements like, “I have been felt!”(yes said with an interjection) when stating his general opinion in a conversation that unfortunately doesn’t chronicle the crowded, messed up trains.
8. When an insistent friend suggests having more beer, you should kick him in the face and steal his money because the actual outcome is quite bad and almost retarded. So much so that his mom calls to complain about his drunkeness. After three mugs of beer. Only.
9. Finally, birthday parties are brilliant when they involve copious amounts of beer, long island ice teas, kamikaze shots and good friends. Add a couple of cameras, a beach and 2 semi-sober people and you have a recipe for disaster. Oh and a plastic bag for puking too.
Now Listening To: Blink 182 – The Party Song (purley coincidential)