“If you’re going for it, don’t be a hero and just say you’re going for it.”
“Dude, if I were going for it I’d say I was. Heck you’d know if I was. Haven’t you watched any old school Hindi flicks? You CAN TELL who the hero is in one glance.”
Sure the conversation above was in reference to something completely different (which may or may not involve women). But it is apt for my current conundrum. Either way things can get pretty disturbing when you’re told “TRUST ME” in a context that’s purely professional. You can’t tell where some people stand. Even if they apparently have the best intentions.
So yes, the “talk” happened with decibel breakage (mainly from my side) as well leading to more than a few people wondering what was going on cementing my belief that the best of intentions are hindered by compromise and other crap needed to make a system work. Or at least have a semblance of function.
On the bright side I was a recipient of a few hilarious text messages, the best of which was “Lol, coming for lunch?”. Regardless of the outcome, I feel it’s time to level up. There’s so much I want to do. So little time to do it. Too little of it to waste bickering with a bunch of trolls.
Oh and I’m “overly aggressive”.
Now Listening To: Bear Lake – You’re Only Waiting
So I think I’ve stumbled upon a solution to my little problem. I put in my papers. Got a haircut. Sampled some fine beer. Yes in that order but in the timespan that would’ve been apt.
Most of the week went by without a hitch what with the bossman a little too busy to question my sudden need for departure. Dreading it though. I find the phrase “we need to talk” the most frightful one in the dictionary right after “we need to talk about your financials”. Fun times ahead. HR’s reaction was typical. Livid, contorted expression followed by the mandatory “I have to tell boss”.
On the bright side I do feel a lot lighter and happier already. Amazing what the mere words “I quit” can do for one’s psyche.
This is going to be interesting what with an appraisal form dropping into my inbox which apparently needs to be filled up. I have a feeling the “suggestions and challenges faced” section is going to rival the Lord of the Rings in length. Unsurprising, given the amount of shit that’s been flying around. But then again, do I really give a damn?
Eight hours to Monday morning, and I’m actually looking forward to the confrontation the week brings. I must be some kind of masochist. You know the type who likes prolonged, draining mental and perhaps even emotional trauma. Fun.
Now Listening To: Bear Lake – You’re Only Waiting
Sometime, just around quitting time, February 18th.
Her: Would you like to see my niece?
Him: How would I see them? You’re wearing pants.
Slackerninja: *facepalm* Dude, that’s actually grounds for sexual harassment.
Him: The parts for harassment are above the knees.
Slackerninja: *double facepalm*
“You’re so emo.”
“Totally. So are you.”
“Yeah, i’m going to slash my wrists and write poems in blood.”
“While you’re at it gimme a vial of your blood.”
“Like Billy Bob Thorton and Angelina Jolie?”
“Yeah. Then we can be emo together.”
“Waitaminit, what makes you think he actually gave her his blood. i mean, what’s stopping him from culling some poor pig?”
Now Listening To: The Exies – Ugly
April had its moments of madness. More so than any other month. Yet. Pardon the lack of an update. Life is busy, distractive and even fun. All at the same time. Nevertheless here we go:
1. Lolcat exhibitions are awesome. Even more so when followed up by a few beers at the local watering hole, Ambience. Pity that the girls weren’t too keen about stepping into Croma. Fun times.
2. Tavern is an interesting place with interesting people and we live in interesting times. Yeah.
3. Sundance is an even more interesting place provided you have the right people. Namely Raddy and Chetan.
4. Woodside Inn isn’t so interesting. Mainly because their pesto is sweet.
5. Fake IPL Player’s blog was awesome. It’s a good thing he didn’t reveal himself. i’m waiting for the book to come out with the truth. Or the full length motion picture.
6. Exes are exes for a reason.
7. Voting is overrated the only reason people have to do so is because it allows them to show their middle finger on TV and not be censored for it.
8. Conference calls come in two varieties. One described here. And another which is akin to going to a party that’s got the makings of something great what with the dim lighting, loads of alcohol and hot women. Until you start chatting one of them up, things start getting hot and heavy and then you realize she has a mustache. Conference calls. The bane of humanity. At least for this month.
10. Garden State and Akira are great movies. Until you decide to watch them back to back. And then it all goes to heck because you’re muddled with visions that cross two people kissing with mass amputations, tumours and implosions.
11. Train rides are unboring when they include you being privy to a conversation revolving around break ups, fetishes, vengeance and drama.
15. New Year’s Eve-ish thoughts. Yes Chetan, i missed out Lonvala. My bad totally. Very rare are nights made so epic with just half a litre of whisky and enough conversation to light up the entire continent of Africa. Believe.
17. ”In the real world things are very different. You just need to look around you. Nobody wants to die that way. People die of disease and accident. Death comes suddenly and there is no notion of good or bad. It leaves, not a dramatic feeling but great emptiness. When you lose someone you loved very much you feel this big empty space and think, ‘If I had known this was coming I would have done things differently.”
18. No that post wasn’t for you, you or you.
Now Listening To: The Killers – Exitlude
It takes a week full of drama to realize that you’re bulletproof.
Now Listening To: Linkin Park – Bleed It Out
Warning: Spoilers if you haven’t watched the movie, which is, contrary to Mr. MatrixWarrior, awesome.
10:56 PM me: You fail at life.i am sorry.10:59 PM Rohan: I’m doing okaybut you will laugh at me if i tell you why you dont have that copy yetThe guys in the tape library have, er, sort of, well, lost the episode.me: lolownedRohan: So we exist from episode two onwardsme: *ensures that rohoe’s future is blocked by tachyons *11:00 PM *and that he vaporizes the greatest people around ** and that he builds a giant crystal thingamajig on mars *Rohan: ensures that Rishi’s past involves him being raped by the Comedianwhilst wearing a yellow silk curtain11:02 PM me: me: *ensures that Rohoe is pregnant by the Comedian and shot by him. In Vietnam *11:03 PM Rohan: ensures that rishi is the odd mist that envelops Doc Manhattans shiny blue dong. Everywhereme: *ensures that Rohoe is the poor guy who gets flushed down the toilet by Rorscharch *11:04 PM Rohan: ensures that Rishi is Veidt’s weird dog-thing11:06 PM me: *ensures that Rohoe is the dude who wrote that review on xanga.com/thematrixwarrior *i win :pRohan: uh, sure?11:07 PM me: totally